Welcome Friend!

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
Currently I am a work at home wife to the hottest and hardest working man I know. Until we have children we have found baby place-fillers in our puppy Maybe, three rats Ollie, Dew and Dash, our two turtles Turbie and Cootie and a few fish who will remain unnamed (because I forgot to ever name them). I struggle with depression, anxiety and related issues. My struggles do not define me. I am currently on a journey to further my self understanding and invite you to join me.

4.26.2012

The Climb

Last night while I was alone driving home in my little Civic good ole Miley Cyrus' The Climb played on the radio.

I can almost see it
That dream I am dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying
"You'll never reach it"

Every step I'm taking

Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking

But I gotta keep trying

Gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountain

I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there

Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing

The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking

I may not know it

But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going

And I, I got to be strong

Just keep pushing on

'Cause there's always gonna be another mountain

I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there

Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

There's always gonna be another mountain

I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Somebody's gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there

Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

Keep on moving, keep climbing

Keep the faith, baby
It's all about, it's all about the climb
Keep the faith, keep your faith, whoa



Yeah so little miss Hannah Montana had me in tears. Granted I can cry over almost anything these days. I think my emotions (good and bad) are just super sharp lately. Any how, this week I have felt pretty strong. I have felt strong despite having some mountains try to get in my way. I guess I need to continue to learn the whole, "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again".

It can be a real challenge finding a therapist who you really feel comfortable with. It is ever so important to keep trying different people if you aren't feeling a great connection. You need to feel comfortable in really opening up and you especially need to feel like you can trust your therapist with all those topics that are already so hard to talk about. 

This week my therapist dumped me. 

OK this isn't totally true but it is how it made me feel. I've been seeing her for 5ish months and I've become pretty attached.  I'm so grateful for all she has taught me and she has a great way of making me feel that I'm not as worthless as my brain likes to tell me. The problem is, the is leaving town for 6-weeks. She told me that for a lot of her clients she feels safe letting them work on their own while she is gone. 

I'm special. 

My therapist feels we've made a lot of progress but that a 6-week break from talking to anyone could possible set me back. She also thinks I could benefit from new insight. 

Sometimes I feel like I am taking one step forward, two steps back but I know I really am learning and progressing. I will just keep on keeping on! 

P.S. I can't stress enough how important it is to really shop around when it comes to finding the right therapist fit for you. I also can't stress enough how important talking to a professional can be in your own personal journey. As hard as it can be, try to be patient. You will find a great confidant (they better be great, because they don't come cheap!).  Also, if you are like me and find yourself needing to find another therapist even after finding a great fit, remember- there isn't only one Mr. or Mrs. Right!

1 comment:

Alesha said...

Let us know when you find your new insight! Will you eventually return to who you're currently working with?